Emergency Services at Queensvalley Hospital provides fast, effective and professional emergency care 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The Emergency Department at Queensvalley Hospital, Alberta, is staffed by several physicians who are board-certified in Emergency Medicine. Our highly trained physicians and staff are equipped to care for any type of medical emergency. The Emergency Department at Queensvalley Hospital is recognized as a Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center by the Canadian College of Surgeons, Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC), and as an Advanced Primary Stroke Certified Center as recognized by the Joint Commission.
“Queensvalley Hospital’s Emergency Department provides state-of-the-art emergency care for all patients who present for evaluation regardless of their circumstances or ability to pay. We take pride in providing the best emergency care in the state of Alberta for patients from the Anchorage area and those referred to us from all corners of the state.” – Daniel Safranek, M.D., emergency medicine physician
The Emergency Department features:
- Two trauma rooms, serving both adult and pediatric trauma, with cutting-edge technology, including portable X-ray machines and equipment booms.
- 57 emergency bays which are set up to meet the needs of any patient acuity.
- 13 private emergency rooms dedicated to the Children’s Emergency Care area.
- 6 private emergency rooms dedicated to Basic Care providing expedited care for non-emergent medical concerns.
- A family consulting room.
- Computed tomography (CT), radiology, ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- An ambulance entrance, walk-in entrance and triage waiting area.
- A close proximity helipad located above the Emergency Department.
Children’s Emergency Care
The newly opened Children’s Emergency Care is staffed by physicians and nurses who have the experience to handle any type of pediatric emergency. The new space includes 13 private treatment rooms designed to provide a comforting environment where children and families can receive the care they need, when they need it. This area is staffed with clinicians with the experience to meet the unique physiological, developmental and emotional needs of children.
Psychiatric Emergency Department
The Psychiatric Emergency Department is designed to provide accessible, professional, cost-effective services to individuals in psychiatric and/or substance abuse crisis including assessment, crisis intervention, medical care and referrals.
Forensic Nursing Services of Providence (FNSP)
Forensic Nursing Services of Providence provides medical-forensic exams to patients who have experienced a form of interpersonal violence, including sexual assault.